Raising of Non-Safeguarding Issues

Information for parents and members over 18

How can I raise a non- child safeguarding concern?

All members have the right to complain if they have an issue at the club. We will take all concerns and complaints seriously and with the appropriate confidentiality.

We would ask that any complaints are made in a courteous manner, aggressive or rude behaviour is not acceptable, and we would ask that you put your complaint in writing in this instance.

Anonymous written complaints shall not be investigated unless there are serious concerns for the welfare of a member, where appropriate action would be taken. The following procedures will be applied for any complaints made.


Most problems can be resolved very quickly. You can contact our Head coach and or any committee member who can refer your particular issue to the member most able to deal with your query. We will deal with your issue as quickly and efficiently as possible, hopefully resolving the issue. If the complaint cannot be resolved informally the member may take the complaint to a formal resolution.


The member should submit their concerns in writing to the club chair. The chair will decide on the appropriate course of action. A meeting will be arranged with the member concerned as soon as practically possible but within 14 days of the complaint, with the intention that a positive outcome will be achieved at this stage. The chair shall keep a written record of all meetings and interviews held in relation to the complaint and once satisfied that all the relevant facts have been established, the member will receive a written response. If the member is unsatisfied with the response and outcome, they can refer their complaint to the complaint panel via the club secretary. The panel shall consist of three committee members who have had no involvement in the process thus far. The panel have
the right to request additional information if they feel it necessary. The secretary shall arrange a hearing with the complainant and one other person for support if required. If possible, the panel will resolve the complaint without the need to investigate further, but where further investigation is required, they shall take the appropriate action. Once the panel have reached a conclusion, they may make recommendations as soon as is practically possible. The panel shall inform the member in writing of their conclusions and their rationale, any recommendations will also be sent in writing to the chair and any individual named in the complaint. This is the final stage in the Clubu2019s procedure.

Who can I contact if I am not happy with how my complaint/query has been handled internally?

We would very much hope that we are able to resolve any club matters, however, you can contact Kerry Moss the judicial office manager on: 0161 244 5345 or by email at kerry.moss@swimming.org.

Club Information

Tips, Articles & Advice

Seraphinite AcceleratorOptimized by Seraphinite Accelerator
Turns on site high speed to be attractive for people and search engines.