Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Children
As a member of our club, we understand you have the right to:
- Enjoy the time you spend with us and know that you are safe.
- Be told who you can talk to if something’s not right.
- Be listened to.
- Be involved and contribute towards decisions within the club or activity.
- Be respected by us and other team members and be treated fairly.
- Feel welcomed, valued and not judged based on your race, gender, sexuality, faith or ability.
- Be encouraged and develop your aquatic skills with our help and support.
- Be looked after if there’s an accident or injury and have your parents/guardians informed, where appropriate.
As a member of our club or activity we expect you to:
- Keep yourself safe by listening to your coach or teacher, behave responsibly and speak out when something isn’t right.
- Take care of our equipment and premises as if they were your own.
- Make it to training and competitions on time and if you’re running late, let a member of the club know.
- Make your coach or teacher aware if you have any difficulties attending training or competitions.
- Not wander off, or leave training or a competition without telling your coach, teacher or team manager.
- Bring the right kit to training and competitions.
- Follow the rules of the club, squad or activity at all times.
- Respect the privacy of others especially in the changing rooms.
- Make our club and activity a fun, happy, friendly and welcoming place to be.
- Respect and celebrate difference in our club or activity and not discriminate against anyone else on the grounds of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, faith or ability.
- Understand that the use of abusive or inappropriate language, bullying, physical violence or any other behaviour which hurts others will not be tolerated by the club.
- Understand the procedures that will be followed if your behaviours are not considered appropriate. You will find these under the Club’s Policies & Procedures under Swimmer’s Discilinary Procedures.
- Not use any device to take photographs or footage of others in the changing rooms or cubicles.
- Report any concerns you have about others taking photographs or footage of others in the changing rooms or poolside.
- Understand that poor behaviour may result in the club taking disciplinary action against you. Any behaviour which may be a criminal offence will be reported to police by the club.
- Report any incidents of bullying or unkind behaviour to the club, even if you’re just a witness.
- Treat other children with respect and appreciate that everyone has a different level of skill or talent.
- Support and encourage your team mates, tell them when they’ve done well and be there for them when they are struggling.
- Respect the children and adults competing for other teams at competitions.
- Respect the committee members, coaching and teaching team and all volunteer helpers at the club.
- Get involved in club decisions, it’s your sport too.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action being taken against you by the club committee.