Procedure in the event of an accident
- Club officials/teachers/coaches to ensure everyone is safe.
- Inform the pool/facility staff who will assess the situation and follow their emergency plans. The swimmers and members will be under the direction of the pool staff.
- The swimmer’s parents must be called as soon as possible and when there is no immediate danger.
- An accident report must be completed.
- The incident must be recorded in the Club Accident / Incident book by an authorised Club Administrator. If appropriate the club’s Welfare Officer must be notified.
- One of the club administrators shall inform Swim England and the Club’s insurers, if necessary.